Membership Application or RenewalYour membership in the Society of Michigan EMS Instructor Coordinators provides you with many benefits:
- Continuing education credits for Instructor Coordinator re-licensing are provided through our professional development conferences. Registration discounts are afforded to members.
- A voice that is heard in Lansing from the EMS Division to the Governor.
- Instructional malpractice and liability insurance which is only provided to SMEMSIC members.
- You will have the ability to manage your membership online and sign up for SMEMSIC newsletters and forums to keep up to date on EMS education issues in Michigan.
Current Member--Renewal Application:
If you are a current member, you can renew your membership by logging into the members only area (top of the page on the left) and then click on the view profile link under the sign in box. Once on your profile page, you will see a button to renew your membership.
Applying for a New Membership:
- You will need to know the SMEMSIC region you live or work in. Click on the region map above to view a larger map of the regions before you fill out the membership application form.
- You will also need to know your Michigan Instructor Coordinator number, which is the number you use when you fill out State of Michigan application for CE or initial education courses.
- Click here to go to the membership application. You will be asked to fill out a form and choose a password that will allow you access to the members section. When you click on the online application link, you will be presented with the list of membership options which include the following:
- Student Membership
- Affiliate Membership
- Standard Membership
- Corporate Sponsorship
The cost of each level and a description of the member benefits will be listed to help you in choosing the right membership for you. If you are a licensed Michigan Instructor Coordinator, you should choose the Standard Membership Option. Gratis Student Memberships will be afforded to non-ICs currently enrolled in an IC course. This membership is non-voting and will be in effect for the remainder of the calendar year for applications made before September. Student applications made after September 1 will be good until June 30 of the following year. Upon completion of your IC course, if licensed you may choose a Standard membership, or if non-licensed, you may choose an Affiliate membership as a non-IC EMS educator.
If your membership has lapsed (you are a former member), you will need to contact the office (email@example.com) to open your profile so that you may then renew online by clicking on the renew button.
After completing the new members application or clicking on renew on your member profile page, you will be able to choose to pay by credit card or print your invoice and mail a check for your membership dues. Once payment is received, your membership will be activated or renewed.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org